When a fire breaks out in an electrical appliance: A fire hazard expert says the answer is simple

Colchester, New York – When an electrical device explodes in your home, what are you supposed to do?

If you are the owner, then you may have just set yourself up for a very unpleasant situation: You may be blamed for the fire, and the company is not likely to be reimbursed for the damage.

But that isn’t necessarily the case if the fire is caused by a faulty appliance, says David Ritchie, an electrical engineer and the founder of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association.

For example, if an appliance explodes when you use a propane stove, or an electric fan fails, then there are a lot of potential issues.

Ritchie said there are three different ways that an electrical component could be damaged or malfunctioned in a fire.

“You can have one of the components break,” he said.

“Or the other two could fail.”

The most common of these scenarios is a “bump” in the insulation, a lump of plastic that protrudes from the end of an electrical wire.

“Bump” is the term for the thin piece of plastic protruding from the wire.

In this case, the problem occurs when the insulation is pulled away from the electrical wire as the appliance heats up.

This could cause the wire to “pop” and release the insulation.

When a fire starts, the electrical circuit is weakened and can damage or destroy the electrical equipment, causing a loss of life.

“It’s like the engine on the car overheating, or if you lose your gas pedal, that’s a bad thing,” said Ritchie.

“But a bump can be a really bad thing.”

If an electrical circuit fails, it could cause a fire, Ritchie said.

It could also cause the electrical component to “fail” and start a fire that can spread to the rest of the house, which could damage or kill the occupants.

In both cases, it’s unlikely that the repair or replacement of the faulty appliance will be covered by insurance, Ritts said.

“The main thing is to get the repairs done, and not to have to pay,” he explained.

“There’s no insurance that covers repairs to electrical equipment that is damaged.”

The third type of electrical component that can cause a problem is the “drainage” of insulation.

This happens when the electrical insulation, or the wire between the insulation and the circuit, is pulled out of the circuit.

In such a case, there could be a short between the wire and the insulation that could cause an electrical fire.

The drainage can be caused by an electrical defect in the circuit or a loose wire in the wiring.

“If it’s a wire that’s too long, it can cause the circuit to become short,” Ritchie explained.

When that happens, the insulation can break off and release heat.

“This could cause it to catch fire,” Rittys said.

When an electrical break is caused, the damage could be very severe.

If the appliance is faulty, then the fire could spread to nearby electrical wiring and other components.

“If there’s a big fire in the house and there’s some wiring or insulation that’s getting shorted, it might not go out to all the appliances and it could start a big problem,” Ritner said.

But when it comes to electrical fire safety, Ritners advice is simple: “If you have a problem, go to the fire department.”

In Colchester , New York, the department has been a mainstay in the community since the 1970s, but a few weeks ago, fire crews responded to the first electrical fire in Colchester.

Colchester was one of four fire departments in the county that responded to a fire on May 1st, which caused the death of one person and injured two others.

Ritnner said Colchester firefighters are trained in dealing with electrical fires, but the department is not trained to handle electrical fire problems.

He said he does not recommend that residents be alarmed if they see a fire in their home.

“It’s better to get your stuff together and get it out of there as quickly as possible,” Riter said.

Ritner also said the only thing he recommends is to call the local fire department to let them know you have an electrical problem.

“The next time that you see one of your neighbours that has an electrical issue, you want to make sure that they get to a safe place before they go to their next job,” he advised.